My Background & What Brought Me Here
Family & careers brought my family to Kansas City. My husband and I are native to the Midwest and love raising our son near family. I began with Sterk Financial Services in the Dakota Dunes location in 2011 and have led the Kansas City branch since 2019.
Why I Chose this Profession
I have always been drawn to planning, organizing, and working with numbers. Being a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM professional lets me tap into my passion for working with people; I like taking something complicated and making it easier to understand for customers. While it’s a little difficult to explain, it’s clear to me that I was made for this role.
Something Unique & Different About Me
- I have an active bucket list (I am a planner, remember), including a list of iconic live music venues where I want to attend some concerts.
- Growing up on a farm, I learned to drive a tractor before a car.
- I have been featured on three holiday music CDs and have written original music with my husband.
- I am passionate about World War II history.
- Even though I do enjoy flying, I love a good road trip. My family is amused by the quirky random stops I come up with. We recently saw the “World’s Largest Coffee Pot” in Bedford, PA on our way to visit friends.
- I was a two-sport athlete in college and received an All-American award in the Javelin. I still hold the college and conference records in the event.
- I have been to over 70 music concerts in a variety of genres. I even met my spouse at a concert!
Outside of work, I’m most passionate about
Church, family, music, sports, plants and baking. I love to spend quality time with my family and helping my son explore and learn about this crazy place we call Earth. Seeing the world through the eyes of a child is an adventure!
When Not in the Office, Look For Me
Out and about. I enjoy music, boating on the lake, target shooting, and fishing and hunting with my two bird dogs. I also enjoy watching the Kansas City Royals as well as traveling around the country to visit family and check things off my bucket list.
Education & Certificates
BA in Management from Simpson College, Indianola, IA
CFP® through the American College, Bryn Mawr, PA
Series 6, 7, 63, 66
Life & Health License
Siouxland Estate Planning Council