My Background & What Brought Me Here
I graduated from Simpson College with a degree in Business Management, and have over a decade of experience working with financial institutions and banks. When my husband’s job landed us in Siouxland, I continued my career with Sterk Financial and have been with the company since 2011. I currently manage the Kansas City branch of Sterk Financial Services.
Why I Chose this Profession
I have always liked planning, organizing, and working with numbers. Being a Certified Financial Planner TM lets me tap into my passion for working with people; I like taking something complicated and making it easier to understand for customers. While it’s a little difficult to explain, it’s clear to me that I was made for this role.
Something Unique & Different About Me
- I have an active bucket list (I am a planner, remember), and I’ve been fortunate to live a fun and full life.
- Growing up on a farm, I learned to drive a tractor before a car.
- I have been featured on three holiday music CDs and have written original music with my husband.
- I love to learn about World War II history.
- I try to zip line on every vacation that I take - It is a great way to see the area I am visiting.
- I was a two-sport athlete in college and received an All-American award in the Javelin, and I still hold the college and conference records in the event.
- I have been to over 50 music concerts in a variety of genres. I even met my spouse at a concert!
Outside of work, I’m most passionate about…
Church, family, music, sports, plants and baking. I love to spend quality time with my family and helping my son explore and learn about this crazy place we call Earth. Seeing the world through the eyes of a child is an adventure!
When Not in the Office, Look For Me…
Out and about. I enjoy music concerts, boating on the lake, target shooting, and fishing and hunting with my two bird dogs. I also enjoy watching the Kansas City Royals as well as traveling around the country to visit family and check things off my bucket list.
How I’m Advancing My Career Knowledge
I attend national conventions and seminars and complete required continuing education for my CFP® designation. I also regularly attend training on new processes and actively research innovative ideas and approaches, particularly those surrounding income planning and financial education.
Education & Certificates
BA in Management from Simpson College, Indianola, IA
CFP® through the American College, Bryn Mawr, PA
Series 6, 7, 63, 66
Life & Health License
Siouxland Estate Planning Council