Kelsey Bankey, CFP®
My Background & What Brought Me Here
Family & careers brought my family to Kansas City. My husband and I are native to the Midwest and love raising our son near family. I began with Sterk Financial Services in the Dakota Dunes location in 2011 and have led the Kansas City branch since 2019.
Why I Chose this Profession
I have always been drawn to planning, organizing, and working with numbers. Being a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM professional lets me tap into my passion for working with people; I like taking something complicated and making it easier to understand for customers. While it’s a little difficult to explain, it’s clear to me that I was made for this role.
Something Unique & Different About Me
- I have an active bucket list (I am a planner, remember), including a list of iconic live music venues where I want to attend some concerts.
- Growing up on a farm, I learned to drive a tractor before a car.
- I have been featured on three holiday music CDs and have written original music with my husband.
- I am passionate about World War II history.
- Even though I do enjoy flying, I love a good road trip. My family is amused by the quirky random stops I come up with. We recently saw the “World’s Largest Coffee Pot” in Bedford, PA on our way to visit friends.
- I was a two-sport athlete in college and received an All-American award in the Javelin. I still hold the college and conference records in the event.
- I have been to over 70 music concerts in a variety of genres. I even met my spouse at a concert!
Outside of work, I’m most passionate about
Church, family, music, sports, plants and baking. I love to spend quality time with my family and helping my son explore and learn about this crazy place we call Earth. Seeing the world through the eyes of a child is an adventure!
When Not in the Office, Look For Me
Out and about. I enjoy music, boating on the lake, target shooting, and fishing and hunting with my two bird dogs. I also enjoy watching the Kansas City Royals as well as traveling around the country to visit family and check things off my bucket list.
Education & Certificates
BA in Management from Simpson College, Indianola, IA
CFP® through the American College, Bryn Mawr, PA
Series 6, 7, 63, 66
Life & Health License
Siouxland Estate Planning Council
Kelsey is honored to be part of the Top 10 under 40 in Siouxland
Read the article here Click Here
To read about the award Click Here