My Background & What Brought Me Here
I graduated from Simpson College with a degree in Business Management, and have over 10 years experience working with banks and financial institutions. When my husband’s job landed us in Siouxland, I applied to work with Sterk Financial and have been here since 2011.
Why I Chose this Profession
I have always liked planning, organizing, and working with numbers. Being a Certified Financial Planner TM lets me tap into my passion for working with people; I like taking something complicated and making it easier to understand for customers. While it’s a little difficult to explain, it’s clear to me that I was made for this position and this role.
Something Unique & Different About Me
- I have an active bucket list (I am a planner, remember), and I’ve been fortunate to live a fun and full life.
- Growing up on a farm, I learned to drive a tractor before a car.
- I have been featured on two holiday music CDs.
- I love to learn about World War II history.
- I try to zip line on every vacation that I take - It is a great way to see the area I am visiting
- I was a two-sport athlete in college and received an All-American award in the Javelin, and I still hold the college and conference records in the event.
- I have been to over 50 music concerts in a variety of genres. I even met my spouse at a concert!
Outside of work, I’m most passionate about…
Music, church, family, sports (not necessarily in that order). I love to spend quality time with my family and helping my son explore and learn about this crazy place we call Earth. Seeing the world through the eyes of a child is an adventure!
When Not in the Office, Look For Me…
Out and about. I enjoy music concerts, boating on the lake, target and skeet shooting, and fishing and hunting with my two bird dogs. I also enjoy watching the Kansas City Royals as well as traveling around the country to visit family and check things off my bucket list.
How I’m Advancing My Career Knowledge
I’m currently working on my CDFA designation. I also attend national conventions and seminars and complete required continuing education for my CFP® designation. I also regularly attend training on new processes and actively research innovative ideas and approaches, particularly those surrounding Collaborative Divorce Training.
Education & Certificates
BA in Management from Simpson College, Indianola, IA
CFP® through the American College, Bryn Mawr, PA
Series 6, 7, 63, 66
Life & Health License
Siouxland Estate Planning Council